Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer salad

Hey friends!  Sorry for the month long absence.  It's been crazy around my house and I know for sure around Emily's house.

And honestly, we are running out of recipes!  If you email them to us, we will post them, give you credit for them and provide a link to your blog- if you do it!

So this is one of my FAVORITES!  I seriously made this every week last summer when I was pregnant with my youngest (who is turning 1 tomorrow- wahhhhhh!!!).

Here is what you need:

  1. Mixed greens (maybe even some spinach?)
  2. tomatoes 
  3. carrots
  4. blueberries
  5. blackberries
  6. strawberries
  7. Raspberries (I do this sometimes, because I have a hard time getting good ones.)
  8. onions
  9. some sort of nut or seed (almonds, pecans, sunflowers, sesame seeds, etc)
  10. blue cheese crumbles
  11. I have done chicken sometimes and it was good.  i just cooked it in the skillet and added some seasoning to that it wouldn't be bland.
  12. *Last night I didn't have chicken thawed so I added a black bean burger.  I just cooked it, tore it up and sprinkled it over. Oh my.  I think that's my new favorite!
  13. yummy light dressing (I have used light honey mustard, raspberry vinaigrette and balsamic)


Chop everything up into bite sizes.  Have small babes, just don't give them the lettuce and nuts/seeds and give them everything else and they will love it!  Mine like to "dip"  Salt and pepper and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment