Monday, June 18, 2012

Taco Chili

Hey friends, Abbey here.  I wanted to share this recipe with you.  It's one of our favorites.  One of the many reasons I like it, is that I don't have to remember to take the chicken out of the freezer the night before AND it's a crock pot recipe.  You should know how much I'm obsessed with my crockpot by now {grin}.

Taco Chili:
1 onion, chopped.
1 16oz can of the following:

  • black beans
  • kidney beans
  • diced tomatoes (rotel)
1 can of corn (or corn salsa)
1 can of tomatoe sauce

1 tbs of cumin AND chili powder
1 package of taco seasoning
1/4 cup of cilantro

Sides:  Corn bread or rice

Throw all the indregients in the crockpot (except the cilantro and chicken).  Stir and then place chicken on top of everything.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  30 minutes before serving, removed chicken and chop (I put it in the food processor), put back into crockpot and stir it in.  At this time, you will add in the cilantro.
*this could easily be a vegetarian dish, just don't add the chicken!!

Serve over corn bread.  I have served it over jasmine rice, but the corn bread is just better!  Don't forget the sour cream :)

Serves 4 adults.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment