Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mushroom Stroganoff

This is my take from a recipe I heard on the Food Network. I start watching these cooking shows and get so into them, I forget to write down the recipes so I end up making an Emily Fox version of them.

1 bag of egg noodles
4-5 portabello mushrooms
Green onions
12 ounces Beef broth
1 tablespoon flour
salt and pepper
8 ounces sour cream
2-4 ounces of cheese (feta, goat, Gorgonzola, etc)

Cook the egg noodles per the directions on the back of the bag.

Slice up the portabello mushrooms and place in a frying pan with butter. Cook the mushrooms down until they are really soft and appear almost burnt. Add in almost all of the green onions and some salt and pepper. Then add the flour and stir in the beef broth. Stir occasionally until the sauce thickens up.

Stir in the noodles with the mushrooms and then add sour cream and cheese. 

Place the rest of the green onions in the mixture and serve!






No comments:

Post a Comment