Thursday, June 14, 2012

Quiche

The recipe called for meat, but I didn't use any.  I wanted to have vegetarian that night and bacon at trader joe's is not in the budget right now.

Here's the list:
1 pie crust
1 medium onion
1 1/2-2 cups of chopped broccoli AND spinach
8oz of grated cheese
1/2 cup of milk
4 eggs

Like I said, the recipe called for meat:
1 cup of bacon
4 slices of ham, chopped
1 cup of mushrooms

*I used frozen broccoli and spinach

Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes at 400 degrees.  In the mean time, beat the eggs and add in the milk and cheese.  Saute the mushrooms and onions.  When the crust comes out, put the veggies and meat in the crust, pour the milk/egg/cheese mixture over the veggie/meat.  The cheese will rest on top.  Bake for  15 minutes at 400 degrees, then turn down to 350 and bake for 25 minutes.

*I needed to cook it for longer, about 10 minutes longer.  When I pulled it out the first time, it was really runny, so I put it back in there for like 10 minutes and kept checking on it.  The cheese should look like a pizza (a little brown).

Enjoy.

(the source of this recipe is unknown)

1 comment: